Only 44.2% cryptocurrency survive after ICO

The study of the School of Management of the Boston College has revealed that the survival rate is cryptocurrency after ICO completion is only 44.2%.

The data obtained show that only 48% of completed primary accommodations spoke about the sum of attracted investments. The remaining 52% continued to work on the project without the announcement of the results, returned tools due to the collection of insufficient volume for the start or were fraudsters. At the same time, only 44.2% of startups continue to be active 120 days after the completion of ICO.

The team had an analysis of more than 4,000 primary coins accommodation, which took place from the beginning of 2017 to the end of the first quarter of the current and summarized $ 12 billion. In the first two months, the average yield of investors was 82%, even if during this time, the token did not fall on the stock exchange.

However, those who sold tokens before the listing usually received 179% of profits. The study said that successful ICOs were on average attracted $ 11.5 million, and for each startup, which investors were interested in $ 3.8 million.

A direct connection was discovered between the level of ICO activity in Twitter and its success. At the same time, the duration of the channel’s existence practically does not affect the indicator, and the activity after the completion of the initial placement displays the state of the «health» of the project.

Recall that